Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Memories -poem I wrote

Memorial Day Memories


(picture of Diane, Russ and me)

I remember the time
When my sister, brother and I
Raised the American Flag
On Memorial Day
We did that every year since
We belonged to the scout of groups

After we raised the flag
We went to Glenwood Street
We went to our troops
To get ready for the parade
I marched with the Brownie troop
Since the leader couldn’t be there


(picture of me with Brownie)

My sister, brother and I kept on marching
Until we met at the designated place
Which belonged to the veterans
Right there we honored all the soldiers
Who kept our country free

We stood on the left or front side
When the tap music began to play
All of us saluted


(picture of the Veteran Honor Place)

My family has been doing this
For many years
As long as one of us were still in Scout
Those were my memories
On Memorial Day

Written By
Pamela Joachim
May 25, 2009

No comments: