Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baking Day

My granddaughter wanted to make her brother a birthday cake. I had her to come to my home and let her make it herself. While we were waiting for the cake to bake, I told her that I have two banana that is getting soft and ask her if you want to make banana bread for her Mom who love it but cannot have nuts. She said yeah. After the cake was done, we put the banana bread in the oven. While we were waiting for the bread, we talked about what she want to do as decorated the cake. After the bread was done, we took our bike to go to the store. We got waffle candy and M & M for the cake and also got triple berry muffin for her daddy. We came home from the store, the cake was cool down. My granddaughter started to mix the muffins and then put it in the oven. Then she decorated the cake. I only help with the M & M to say Happy Birthday. She did every things herself. She measured, mixed, poured and baked it all by herself. She was one happy girl. She is nine year old. I told her that she have the gift of baking. We brought the cake, banana bread and muffin to her home. Her mom and dad are very happy with their gift. Daddy started to eat his muffin and said that all of the muffin will be gone within one hour. The two babies saw Daddy eating the muffin and he share it with them. I am thinking of buying baking things for my granddaughter for her birthday (Sept) as she love to bake now. It will be nice for her to have her own set. I told her that when I get my check, I will have her pick out the material and teach her how to sew her own apron. I think I will make two, one for here at my home and the other for her at her home. I have a little apron that belong to my niece and it is getting small on her. I am saving it for my other granddaughter when she get older (soon be one year old)...Today sure is a baking day. I didn't get any of the baking but when I came home, I got the sweet smell in my home from the baking which make you hungry. It is a very special day between my granddaughter and me. We got the time to be alone for each other and do something special for someone in the family.

2 comments:

Vinita said...

Hi Pammie... I have given an award to your blog. I will be very happy if u accept it. :))))

Pammie said...

Thank you for your kindness. I accept an award. Have a nice weekend.