Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Little Gentleman

Yesterday, my grandson (6 yrs old) and I went to the library. We spent about one hour at the library and then I took him out to eat for lunch. We went to McDonald. We ate and talked for awhile and then it was time for my grandson to get his free ice cream cone. He told me that he wanted to go alone and get it himself. I stood from the booth and watched him. My grandson stood behind the older couple as he was waiting. The two little girls ( about 4 and 5 yrs old) and their grandpa came up. The two girls stood in front of my grandson. The grandpa of the two girls told them to go behind my grandson and he told my grandson to go ahead. This one surprise me and put a big smile on my face, my grandson told the man that he wanted the girls to go first. After he got his ice cream cone, he came and sat down. I said him what I saw and that the man was trying to teach the girls how to get in line and not to cut in. Now get this, my grandson said that he wanted the girls go first because he feel that is the right thing to do. I told him that it was very nice of him to do that and that he turned into a little gentleman. Wow, how many little boy or young boy do I see will do that. I have seen so many children who do not have manner or have not been taught to have good manner. I have seen elder men who let lady go first but not young boy or men doing that. Generation sure have change. I am very proud of my grandson for letting the girls goes first and act like a little gentleman. Most of all, I am very proud of my daughter who taught him how to be nice and how to treat girl/lady nice. I can see my grandson in the future to be a best husband and a father. Now I have a grandson who is little gentleman. :)

No comments: