Thursday, February 19, 2009

Poem - I wrote - How I See a Waterfall?

How I See a Waterfall?



The small, calm creek flows into the river
As the water drifts many miles
The current becomes strong and flood,
And it piles up on the riverbeds.

As the strong current continues to travel,
It goes to the rocky area.
So many small and big rocks are in the river,
Making the water rumble and crash against the rocks.

As the water becomes strong, loud, and powerful,
It makes a thunder sound.
As it roars down the river so fast,
It needs a place to go.

As the water roars harder and faster,
It comes to the dead drop.
It bursts over and drops at the bottom of the fall.

Water rolls repetitively.
When it swirls over,
It gets push out
Into a wider river.

The water stirs up as it ride down further.
But not to far down the river,
It becomes calm.
At last the water becomes peaceful.

I look at the watery nature.
I see myself and God.
The water is me
And
God is the drop of the fall.

My life was calm at first.
The current of the water is considered as
My problems in my life.
Many issues are big and small,
Like rocks among the river,
And it needs to go somewhere.

The effect of the issues become so strong and powerful,
I could not handle it.
I keep on going and going
Until I find a place to go.

I see the dead drop.
There is God sitting at the end.
At last, I can drop
All my heavy burden,
My messed up life to God.
Together, we go down deep in soul.

God holds on to me,
As I was changing
Through tough times.
God has never given up on me.

Finally, I knew that God is with me,
As I continue my life with God.
I become calm.
Life with God is peace.

(c) Pammie
April 20, 2004

No comments: